Friday, July 6, 2007

Please touch the Himalayas for me.

The walk started at around 0900 hrs. A day with clear skies and warm sunshine. The path was cobbled with stones of different sizes, with green trees on one side and the gorge on the other. The beauty that our eyes feasted on is indescribable – I will not attempt the impossible.

Suddenly, a little before Chirbhasa, D’s mobile beeped. He gave it to me. My younger sister, whose greatest desire in life is to spend time in the Himalayas at least once before she dies, had sent an SMS: Please touch the Himalayas for me. I did it and sent her an SMS back: Done. I also had in my mind all those persons I knew would have loved to be with us, but could not, for various reasons. Many of them had sent messages to be delivered to the Himalayas. They were all delivered, as per individual specifications.

No comments: